Tigers, Cubs, Orioles talking about a potential three-way trade involving Rick Porcello and J.J. Hardy
Jan 8, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
The Orioles’ piece: J.J. Hardy, who Kubatko says the Tigers really want. Which, given that Jhonny Peralta is already under contract with the Tigers and has nowhere else to play except short, doesn’t say a lot about their opinion of Peralta.
Less clear is what the Orioles would get. They reportedly want pitching, but if they’re not getting Porcello here, this doesn’t make a ton of sense. Maybe the Cubs initiated all of it and the Tigers and the Orioles will dump them on the curb later and do their own thing?
I dunno. But at this point it’s more fun to think about than the Hall of Fame, right?
- The Lester trade is a win-win 64
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 128
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 39
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (118)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (118)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)