Tigers, Cubs, Orioles talking about a potential three-way trade involving Rick Porcello and J.J. Hardy
Jan 8, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT
The Orioles’ piece: J.J. Hardy, who Kubatko says the Tigers really want. Which, given that Jhonny Peralta is already under contract with the Tigers and has nowhere else to play except short, doesn’t say a lot about their opinion of Peralta.
Less clear is what the Orioles would get. They reportedly want pitching, but if they’re not getting Porcello here, this doesn’t make a ton of sense. Maybe the Cubs initiated all of it and the Tigers and the Orioles will dump them on the curb later and do their own thing?
I dunno. But at this point it’s more fun to think about than the Hall of Fame, right?
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)