Jan 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EST
Shut up. I think those things are cool. And now they’re coming back to both sides of the outfield (the one in left has been rectangular for several years) in bigger, more spectacular form. From Mark Saxon’s rundown of the renovations being done in Chavez Ravine:
High-definition video boards in left and right field that will return to the original hexagon shape. The first 10-millimeter, 1080p LED scoreboards in baseball will be 22 percent larger than the current screens.
Dodger Stadium should scream early 1960s, and those scoreboards scream it the loudest.
In addition to that there are multiple upgrades to bathrooms, the sound system, the clubhouse, batting cages and the like, as well as bullpen overlooks to allow Dodgers fans to hurl insults at Sergio Romo and other visiting relievers. Which should be fun and will never get out of hand at all.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 65
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 31
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)