Jan 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
Shut up. I think those things are cool. And now they’re coming back to both sides of the outfield (the one in left has been rectangular for several years) in bigger, more spectacular form. From Mark Saxon’s rundown of the renovations being done in Chavez Ravine:
High-definition video boards in left and right field that will return to the original hexagon shape. The first 10-millimeter, 1080p LED scoreboards in baseball will be 22 percent larger than the current screens.
Dodger Stadium should scream early 1960s, and those scoreboards scream it the loudest.
In addition to that there are multiple upgrades to bathrooms, the sound system, the clubhouse, batting cages and the like, as well as bullpen overlooks to allow Dodgers fans to hurl insults at Sergio Romo and other visiting relievers. Which should be fun and will never get out of hand at all.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)