Jan 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
Shut up. I think those things are cool. And now they’re coming back to both sides of the outfield (the one in left has been rectangular for several years) in bigger, more spectacular form. From Mark Saxon’s rundown of the renovations being done in Chavez Ravine:
High-definition video boards in left and right field that will return to the original hexagon shape. The first 10-millimeter, 1080p LED scoreboards in baseball will be 22 percent larger than the current screens.
Dodger Stadium should scream early 1960s, and those scoreboards scream it the loudest.
In addition to that there are multiple upgrades to bathrooms, the sound system, the clubhouse, batting cages and the like, as well as bullpen overlooks to allow Dodgers fans to hurl insults at Sergio Romo and other visiting relievers. Which should be fun and will never get out of hand at all.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)