Jan 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
Shut up. I think those things are cool. And now they’re coming back to both sides of the outfield (the one in left has been rectangular for several years) in bigger, more spectacular form. From Mark Saxon’s rundown of the renovations being done in Chavez Ravine:
High-definition video boards in left and right field that will return to the original hexagon shape. The first 10-millimeter, 1080p LED scoreboards in baseball will be 22 percent larger than the current screens.
Dodger Stadium should scream early 1960s, and those scoreboards scream it the loudest.
In addition to that there are multiple upgrades to bathrooms, the sound system, the clubhouse, batting cages and the like, as well as bullpen overlooks to allow Dodgers fans to hurl insults at Sergio Romo and other visiting relievers. Which should be fun and will never get out of hand at all.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)