Jan 9, 2013, 9:51 AM EDT
Shut up. I think those things are cool. And now they’re coming back to both sides of the outfield (the one in left has been rectangular for several years) in bigger, more spectacular form. From Mark Saxon’s rundown of the renovations being done in Chavez Ravine:
High-definition video boards in left and right field that will return to the original hexagon shape. The first 10-millimeter, 1080p LED scoreboards in baseball will be 22 percent larger than the current screens.
Dodger Stadium should scream early 1960s, and those scoreboards scream it the loudest.
In addition to that there are multiple upgrades to bathrooms, the sound system, the clubhouse, batting cages and the like, as well as bullpen overlooks to allow Dodgers fans to hurl insults at Sergio Romo and other visiting relievers. Which should be fun and will never get out of hand at all.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 21
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)