Jan 9, 2013, 2:19 PM EST
“The Hall of Fame has always entrusted the exclusive voting privilege to the Baseball Writers’ Association of America. We remain pleased with their role in evaluating candidates based on the criteria we provide.”
– Hall of Fame President Jeff Idelson, moments after announcing Hall of Fame results in which Aaron Sele received a vote, the greatest hitter and greatest pitcher in decades couldn’t crack 40%, and no one was elected.
Doin’ a heckuva a job there, BBWAA. Heckuva job.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)