Jan 9, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore is probably going to play again. It’ll be pretty newsworthy when it happens, but he should eventually get over his injury problems and, at the very least, be a role player someplace. Some teams are watching and waiting for that eventuality:
The Yankees and Mets have both checked in on outfielder Grady Sizemore, according to his agent, Joe Urbon.
Sizemore has missed 382 of the past 486 games while hitting .220 with a .659 OPS. But, amazingly, he’s still just 30 years-old.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)