Jan 9, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore is probably going to play again. It’ll be pretty newsworthy when it happens, but he should eventually get over his injury problems and, at the very least, be a role player someplace. Some teams are watching and waiting for that eventuality:
The Yankees and Mets have both checked in on outfielder Grady Sizemore, according to his agent, Joe Urbon.
Sizemore has missed 382 of the past 486 games while hitting .220 with a .659 OPS. But, amazingly, he’s still just 30 years-old.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59