Jan 9, 2013, 1:09 PM EST
Grady Sizemore is probably going to play again. It’ll be pretty newsworthy when it happens, but he should eventually get over his injury problems and, at the very least, be a role player someplace. Some teams are watching and waiting for that eventuality:
The Yankees and Mets have both checked in on outfielder Grady Sizemore, according to his agent, Joe Urbon.
Sizemore has missed 382 of the past 486 games while hitting .220 with a .659 OPS. But, amazingly, he’s still just 30 years-old.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)