Jan 10, 2013, 6:38 PM EDT
Narveson, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, made just two starts last season prior to undergoing surgery in May to repair his labrum and rotator cuff. The 31-year-old southpaw is expected to be ready for spring training, but won’t be assured of a rotation spot with Mark Rogers, Wily Peralta and Tyler Thornburg also competing for jobs. Meanwhile, Yovani Gallardo, Mike Fiers and Marco Estrada are pretty close to locks.
Narveson had a 4.73 ERA in 56 starts and 11 relief appearances with the Brewers between 2010-2011.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)