Jan 10, 2013, 6:38 PM EDT
Narveson, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, made just two starts last season prior to undergoing surgery in May to repair his labrum and rotator cuff. The 31-year-old southpaw is expected to be ready for spring training, but won’t be assured of a rotation spot with Mark Rogers, Wily Peralta and Tyler Thornburg also competing for jobs. Meanwhile, Yovani Gallardo, Mike Fiers and Marco Estrada are pretty close to locks.
Narveson had a 4.73 ERA in 56 starts and 11 relief appearances with the Brewers between 2010-2011.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 7
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles