Jan 10, 2013, 6:38 PM EST
Narveson, who was arbitration-eligible for the first time this winter, made just two starts last season prior to undergoing surgery in May to repair his labrum and rotator cuff. The 31-year-old southpaw is expected to be ready for spring training, but won’t be assured of a rotation spot with Mark Rogers, Wily Peralta and Tyler Thornburg also competing for jobs. Meanwhile, Yovani Gallardo, Mike Fiers and Marco Estrada are pretty close to locks.
Narveson had a 4.73 ERA in 56 starts and 11 relief appearances with the Brewers between 2010-2011.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (90)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (77)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)