Jan 10, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Resop was arbitration eligible for the second time after being paid $850,000 by the Pirates last season, when he threw 74 innings with a 3.91 ERA and 46/24 K/BB ratio. He was traded to the A’s for minor leaguer Zach Thornton in November.
Oakland will be his fifth team in eight seasons and the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.51 ERA in 225 career innings. He’ll fill a middle relief role.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 8
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (95)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (84)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)