Jan 10, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Resop was arbitration eligible for the second time after being paid $850,000 by the Pirates last season, when he threw 74 innings with a 3.91 ERA and 46/24 K/BB ratio. He was traded to the A’s for minor leaguer Zach Thornton in November.
Oakland will be his fifth team in eight seasons and the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.51 ERA in 225 career innings. He’ll fill a middle relief role.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)