Jan 10, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Resop was arbitration eligible for the second time after being paid $850,000 by the Pirates last season, when he threw 74 innings with a 3.91 ERA and 46/24 K/BB ratio. He was traded to the A’s for minor leaguer Zach Thornton in November.
Oakland will be his fifth team in eight seasons and the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.51 ERA in 225 career innings. He’ll fill a middle relief role.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (90)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)