Jan 10, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Resop was arbitration eligible for the second time after being paid $850,000 by the Pirates last season, when he threw 74 innings with a 3.91 ERA and 46/24 K/BB ratio. He was traded to the A’s for minor leaguer Zach Thornton in November.
Oakland will be his fifth team in eight seasons and the 30-year-old right-hander has a 4.51 ERA in 225 career innings. He’ll fill a middle relief role.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (96)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)