Jan 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Corpas spent last season with the Cubs, posting a 5.01 ERA and 28/16 K/BB ratio in 47 innings at age 29 after missing all of 2011 following Tommy John elbow surgery.
He took over as the Rockies’ closer in mid-2007, saving 19 games with a 2.08 ERA as a 24-year-old, but since then Corpas has thrown 222 innings with a 4.86 ERA and just 6.0 strikeouts per nine frames. He’ll compete for a low-leverage bullpen gig.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (104)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)