Jan 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Corpas spent last season with the Cubs, posting a 5.01 ERA and 28/16 K/BB ratio in 47 innings at age 29 after missing all of 2011 following Tommy John elbow surgery.
He took over as the Rockies’ closer in mid-2007, saving 19 games with a 2.08 ERA as a 24-year-old, but since then Corpas has thrown 222 innings with a 4.86 ERA and just 6.0 strikeouts per nine frames. He’ll compete for a low-leverage bullpen gig.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)