Jan 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Corpas spent last season with the Cubs, posting a 5.01 ERA and 28/16 K/BB ratio in 47 innings at age 29 after missing all of 2011 following Tommy John elbow surgery.
He took over as the Rockies’ closer in mid-2007, saving 19 games with a 2.08 ERA as a 24-year-old, but since then Corpas has thrown 222 innings with a 4.86 ERA and just 6.0 strikeouts per nine frames. He’ll compete for a low-leverage bullpen gig.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)