Jan 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Corpas spent last season with the Cubs, posting a 5.01 ERA and 28/16 K/BB ratio in 47 innings at age 29 after missing all of 2011 following Tommy John elbow surgery.
He took over as the Rockies’ closer in mid-2007, saving 19 games with a 2.08 ERA as a 24-year-old, but since then Corpas has thrown 222 innings with a 4.86 ERA and just 6.0 strikeouts per nine frames. He’ll compete for a low-leverage bullpen gig.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 12
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 180
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (180)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)