Jan 10, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Major League Baseball and Baseball Commissioner Allan H. (Bud) Selig have named the Toronto Blue Jays as the 2012 recipient of the Commissioner’s Award for Philanthropic Excellence, which was created in 2010 to annually recognize an extraordinary charitable and philanthropic effort of an MLB Club.
This is for real charity, mind you. Not the charity they showed Jeff Loria in relieving him of all of his financial obligations this winter.
In other news, I had no idea they did charity in Canada. My conservative friends tell me that when you try to create a socialist utopia like our friends up north it saps all philanthropic will.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)