Jan 11, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Agent Scott Boras, talking to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com about representing the three free agents with draft pick compensation attached who remained unsigned in Kyle Lohse, Rafael Soriano, and Michael Bourn:
People call me all the time and say, “Man, your players aren’t signed yet.” Well, it doesn’t really matter what time dinner is when you’re the steak.
That’s a pretty great quote–I imagine a Gordon Gekko-like character saying it from behind a huge desk in a movie–but the notion that Kyle Lohse is “the steak” at this point is obviously laughable.
I won’t be surprised if Bourn finds a big multi-year deal, but Soriano finding a decent landing spot is looking very iffy and Lohse himself has talked publicly about his disappointment in how things have gone this offseason, with reports last week suggesting that he’s yet to even receive a single offer.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)