Jan 11, 2013, 1:52 PM EDT
Agent Scott Boras, talking to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com about representing the three free agents with draft pick compensation attached who remained unsigned in Kyle Lohse, Rafael Soriano, and Michael Bourn:
People call me all the time and say, “Man, your players aren’t signed yet.” Well, it doesn’t really matter what time dinner is when you’re the steak.
That’s a pretty great quote–I imagine a Gordon Gekko-like character saying it from behind a huge desk in a movie–but the notion that Kyle Lohse is “the steak” at this point is obviously laughable.
I won’t be surprised if Bourn finds a big multi-year deal, but Soriano finding a decent landing spot is looking very iffy and Lohse himself has talked publicly about his disappointment in how things have gone this offseason, with reports last week suggesting that he’s yet to even receive a single offer.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (334)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)