Milton Bradley facing up to 13 years in prison from spousal abuse charges

Jan 11, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT

bradley argues getty Getty Images

Milton Bradley is done being a major league baseball player, but sadly he’s not done making headlines for (allegedly) doing terrible things.

Via TMZ.com:

The City Attorney’s Office has filed charges against Bradley stemming from 5 different incidents. The charges break down like this: 4 counts of spousal battery, 4 counts of criminal threats, 2 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, 2 counts of vandalism and 1 count of dissuading a witness from making a report.

As TMZ first reported, Milton’s wife Monique filed a domestic violence report with the LAPD back in November 2012 … claiming he tried to choke her, with 2 hands, when she asked him to stop smoking marijuana in front of their kids.  Bradley was arrested in August 2011 for allegedly attacking Monique with a bat, and in March 2012 he allegedly threatened her with a knife and said, “You’ll be dead bitch before you divorce me.”

He faces up to 13 years in prison.

1. modellforprez - Jan 11, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Gaming you herbs like Milton Bradley

2. tfbuckfutter - Jan 11, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Actually wikied him…..

He was with the Dodgers longer than any other organization, so when he goes into the Hall he will probably wear a Dodgers hat, went to the same high school as Snoop Dogg (his marijuana hookup?) and Billy Beane traded Andre Ethier for him (Smooth move ex-lax, amirite?).

• mailman2504 - Jan 11, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Into the hall??? I hope that’s a joke

• tfbuckfutter - Jan 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Really?

You had to actually type that out and click “Post comment”?

• tfbuckfutter - Jan 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Oh, the other thing I learned from Wiki is that the gaming company is actually named after another Milton Bradley.

I always figured it was partnership between a guy whose last name was Milton and a guy whose last name was Bradley.

Now if I remember tomorrow I’m going to do some research on this dude named Parker Brother.

• Old Gator - Jan 12, 2013 at 1:30 AM

They also make Ouija Scrabble.

• jerryb2339 - Jan 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM

As I recall, Ouiji Scrabble hit .325 but had really bad hands

3. drewsylvania - Jan 11, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Sigh.

4. jimeejohnson - Jan 11, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I blame his parents for naming him “Milton Bradley”, ok? Yeah, right.

5. bigharold - Jan 11, 2013 at 8:19 PM

If he has any, I hope they’ve taken this guys guns away from him.

• protius - Jan 11, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I hope they left him a sharp straight razor, and a dotted line on his neck.

6. 2difshoe - Jan 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Why is evryone placing blame on poor Milton….if you ask his momma, she’ll tell you her little Milton is a fine young boy.

7. yahmule - Jan 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Man, I haven’t been this disappointed since Lawrence Phillips received his all expenses paid vacation at the Hotel Graybar.

• badintent - Jan 12, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Nice post. . Hope Milt Got some of his old MLB $$ to pay for OJ’s old lawyers sans Johnny C and F.L. Bailey..We

8. wonderkt - Jan 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I’m pretty sure it’s just a misunderstanding. He doesn’t seem like the type to smoke dope in front of his kids, or abuse his wife.

9. chomboslice - Jan 12, 2013 at 6:09 AM

Aww, Milton has always been such a sweet boy.

10. louhudson23 - Jan 12, 2013 at 7:38 AM

As per his past answers as to why he has had the myriad of difficulties that he has,professional and personal,Bradley has always proven very adept at placing the blame elsewhere as well as proclaiming to adhere to something taught to him by his mother.To wit;and I paraphrase”I have no ability to keep my mouth shut when I see something wrong or have been done wrong. I will not change. I will not keep my mouth shut nor will I passively accept it.” I was struck by this as I read recently of young DeMarcus Cousins making virtually the same statement. I sincerely hope that someone will strongly point out to Mr. Cousins the inherent difficulties in such a policy.Namely that one’s own snap judgement as to right and wrong is far from infallible and that perhaps consideration of something other than one’s own immediate individual reaction should be used to dictate one’s actions. It appears to late for Mr. Bradley at this point,but Cousins still has time before his lack of reactionary judgement imperils the safety of others and his own liberty……

11. banger60 - Jan 12, 2013 at 6:19 PM

dumb-ads p*ssy

12. banger60 - Jan 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM

what I meant was dumb ass p* sy b*tch.

13. blingslade - Jan 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I don’t know what the world owes Milton but the world is about to give him a beat down.

14. avietar - Jan 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I’m delighted that Bradley was a successful Major Leaguer for many years and made millions of dollars at it, if only so that I can have the far greater pleasure of watching him throw it all away.

15. mikecubbie69 - Jan 14, 2013 at 6:44 PM

So much for Anger Management! Maybe a few years of fending off Bubba in the slammer will curb that anger!

Giants, Royals took unique paths to WS