Jan 11, 2013, 7:30 AM EDT
Mike Piazza’s autobiography, “Long Shot,” is going to come out on February 12. Some people speculated that the release date, coming after the Hall of Fame announcement, was arranged so that Piazza could say scandalous things in his book, safe with the knowledge that he was, as reason would have had it, already elected to the Hall.
Well, he wasn’t elected. So now people are quite curious if Piazza says anything about steroids in the book. The answer: yes. But if you were hoping for a confession or something, sorry:
Veteran scribe Lonnie Wheeler made it sound as if Piazza will continue to deny he ever used PEDs. That cloud of suspicion might have kept Piazza out of baseball’s Hall of Fame in voting announced Wednesday … asked if Piazza continues to deny PED use in the book, Wheeler said: “Anybody who’s looking for Mike’s answer to PED questions will find it there . . . I believe he’s clean.”
Sorry folks, nothing to see here. Please move along.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12