Jan 11, 2013, 8:28 AM EST
Joe Posnanski interviewed Hall of Fame President Jeff Idelson, who says he’s totally cool with the BBWAA failing to elect anyone to the Hall of Fame and totally fine with the BBWAA’s process:
“When you walk through the gallery of plaques, like I do every day, you can look at the walls. Certainly I can’t find anyone the BBWAA elected who is undeserving.”
Have you seen Idelson? He looks to be in great shape. I credit walking a great distance over a circuitous route each day, allowing him to get through the gallery of plaques in such a way so that he does not have to see Luis Aparicio, Jim Rice and Don Sutton.
I kid, of course. I’m cool with those guys being in, even if I may have had a hard time pulling the lever for them. The bigger problem — and Idelson should know it — is the BBWAA is way too stingy with its Hall of Fame vote, not that they let undeserving people in.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15