Jan 11, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
The Mets have been rumored to be a finalist for Scott Hairston‘s services, but now Jon Heyman is saying that the Mets view him as a “fallback” option, and that they’ll only move on Hairston if they can’t get anyone better.
Which, considering the Mets haven’t been strongly rumored to be in on any other available outfielders, and considering that their current outfield is — how shall we put it? — less than stellar, one would think that perhaps they will be moving on Hairston anyway.
One would think it’s the perfect fit. They know each other and Hairston is assured of getting regular playing time. I suppose this is all just kabuki dance by the Mets, knowing that a deal with Hairston is likely, but wanting to seem less-than-desperate.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights