Jan 11, 2013, 2:20 PM EDT
The Mets have been rumored to be a finalist for Scott Hairston‘s services, but now Jon Heyman is saying that the Mets view him as a “fallback” option, and that they’ll only move on Hairston if they can’t get anyone better.
Which, considering the Mets haven’t been strongly rumored to be in on any other available outfielders, and considering that their current outfield is — how shall we put it? — less than stellar, one would think that perhaps they will be moving on Hairston anyway.
One would think it’s the perfect fit. They know each other and Hairston is assured of getting regular playing time. I suppose this is all just kabuki dance by the Mets, knowing that a deal with Hairston is likely, but wanting to seem less-than-desperate.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)