The Rangers have moved on from Justin Upton

Jan 11, 2013, 9:20 AM EDT

Justin Upton rejected a trade to the Mariners. Now the Rangers are moving out of the picture:

Paging Frank Wren and the Atlanta Braves. Mr. Wren, please proceed to a white courtesy phone.

1. DelawarePhilliesFan - Jan 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Braves? Heaven help us all if that happens….ohhhhh, the ESPN healines for the next 5 years “Up(ton), Up(ton) and Away!”

• rvnc - Jan 11, 2013 at 9:38 AM

‘Up, Up and Away!’ is surely what John Sterling would use as his home run call for either brother if they were Yankees right? Or perhaps ‘oh Justin, you’re an Up-Town guy!’….

2. rvnc - Jan 11, 2013 at 9:35 AM

God I’m bored of Justin Upton. Either he stays in Arizona and continues to underwhelm, or some fool pays way over the odds for him. Towers seems to think Upton is the greatest outfielder alive so if the Braves do go after him he’ll will probably ask for Kimbrel and Medlen. At least…. ;)

3. dcfan4life - Jan 11, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Justin Upton still in Arizona after 2 years of trade rumors. Its like the twilight series. Why does anyone care? Especially when the main character is totally overrated. Just end already. Please.

• tsutor88 - Jan 11, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I agree, must be rough for a zona fan t watch their best guy being shopped every year. Yeaa he’s overrated but I’m sure my Phil’s would love him for right price

• Sign Ahead - Jan 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM

As a Diamondbacks fan, I can say that it does kinda suck. But mostly all those mixed messages just undermine our faith in the team’s management.

4. foreverchipper10 - Jan 11, 2013 at 10:27 AM

If the Braves were to somehow swing a deal and team Justin with his brother I think that could bring out the best in both players. They love to compete against each other and what better way to do that than to be on the same team and share the same outfield? I truly don’t see it happening though. I can, however, see the Braves making a play for Kubel.

5. gpatrick15 - Jan 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Which teams are left in the Upton sweepstakes? I think he’s Atlanta’s to lose at this point. They DBacks have been dying to trade him for two years now. If I were them, I’d have kept him, but after two solid years of being on and off the trade block I doubt he’d even consider staying. An outfield of Upton, Upton, and Heyward would be pretty great. Wren, make it happen. Just don’t give up too much.

6. djjackson81 - Jan 11, 2013 at 1:54 PM

What funny to me as a Dbacks fan is if he is frustrated with his name always coming up and wants out then why would he reject a Seattle deal? He is not good enough to pick what team he is traded two. It’s a conspiracy if u ask me, no I won’t go to Seatle, Texas wants him for nobody in exchange and Atlanta is probably offering a prospect to Texas to back out of interest on Justin

7. djjackson81 - Jan 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Hey Justin look Az gave you your shot in baseball all those millions u made your welcome. U owe it to them to take the trade to Seattle, when your contract is up you can sign wherever u want dude.

• wlubake - Jan 11, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Just because the Rangers won’t re-engage Arizona doesn’t mean they won’t listen if the D-Backs come back with lower expectations. Just leave our Profar and Andrus, and I’m sure Texas will entertain it.

Pujols deal still worth it to Angels?
  1. I. Davis (4004)