Jan 11, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The idea is that Morse would be a fallback/alternative to Mike Napoli who, amazingly, still doesn’t have a finalized contract with Boston despite reaching a general agreement with them over a month ago. It’s logical to conclude that those negotiations have turned difficult, and that the Red Sox are looking for other options.
Morse has hit .296/.345/.516 over the past three years and hit 31 home runs in 2011. His defense may be shaky at first, but if he can handle it, that bat would play quite nicely, one would think.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)