Jan 11, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The idea is that Morse would be a fallback/alternative to Mike Napoli who, amazingly, still doesn’t have a finalized contract with Boston despite reaching a general agreement with them over a month ago. It’s logical to conclude that those negotiations have turned difficult, and that the Red Sox are looking for other options.
Morse has hit .296/.345/.516 over the past three years and hit 31 home runs in 2011. His defense may be shaky at first, but if he can handle it, that bat would play quite nicely, one would think.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 99
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (100)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1