Jan 11, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
The idea is that Morse would be a fallback/alternative to Mike Napoli who, amazingly, still doesn’t have a finalized contract with Boston despite reaching a general agreement with them over a month ago. It’s logical to conclude that those negotiations have turned difficult, and that the Red Sox are looking for other options.
Morse has hit .296/.345/.516 over the past three years and hit 31 home runs in 2011. His defense may be shaky at first, but if he can handle it, that bat would play quite nicely, one would think.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 40
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)