Jan 12, 2013, 6:06 PM EST
MASN Sports’ Roch Kubatko reports that left-hander Mark Hendrickson will throw for the Orioles next week at the team’s mini-camp at Camden Yards.
Hendrickson, 38, was out of baseball last season and posted a 5.73 ERA in eight appearances with the Orioles during his last stint in the majors in 2011. He’s now throwing as a sidearmer at the advice of Buck Showalter, an interesting concept given his 6-foot-9 frame, so the Orioles could give him a spring training invite if they like what they see.
Hendrickson owns a 5.03 ERA over 10 seasons in the major leagues between stops with Rays, Orioles, Dodgers, Blue Jays and Marlins.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (151)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)