Jan 12, 2013, 6:06 PM EDT
MASN Sports’ Roch Kubatko reports that left-hander Mark Hendrickson will throw for the Orioles next week at the team’s mini-camp at Camden Yards.
Hendrickson, 38, was out of baseball last season and posted a 5.73 ERA in eight appearances with the Orioles during his last stint in the majors in 2011. He’s now throwing as a sidearmer at the advice of Buck Showalter, an interesting concept given his 6-foot-9 frame, so the Orioles could give him a spring training invite if they like what they see.
Hendrickson owns a 5.03 ERA over 10 seasons in the major leagues between stops with Rays, Orioles, Dodgers, Blue Jays and Marlins.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)