Jan 12, 2013, 6:06 PM EDT
MASN Sports’ Roch Kubatko reports that left-hander Mark Hendrickson will throw for the Orioles next week at the team’s mini-camp at Camden Yards.
Hendrickson, 38, was out of baseball last season and posted a 5.73 ERA in eight appearances with the Orioles during his last stint in the majors in 2011. He’s now throwing as a sidearmer at the advice of Buck Showalter, an interesting concept given his 6-foot-9 frame, so the Orioles could give him a spring training invite if they like what they see.
Hendrickson owns a 5.03 ERA over 10 seasons in the major leagues between stops with Rays, Orioles, Dodgers, Blue Jays and Marlins.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)