Jan 12, 2013, 6:06 PM EDT
MASN Sports’ Roch Kubatko reports that left-hander Mark Hendrickson will throw for the Orioles next week at the team’s mini-camp at Camden Yards.
Hendrickson, 38, was out of baseball last season and posted a 5.73 ERA in eight appearances with the Orioles during his last stint in the majors in 2011. He’s now throwing as a sidearmer at the advice of Buck Showalter, an interesting concept given his 6-foot-9 frame, so the Orioles could give him a spring training invite if they like what they see.
Hendrickson owns a 5.03 ERA over 10 seasons in the major leagues between stops with Rays, Orioles, Dodgers, Blue Jays and Marlins.
- George Springer placed on 7-day concussion disabled list 0
- Video: Joey Votto ejected, bumps umpire 18
- Carlos Rodon to make first MLB start Saturday 1
- Bryce Harper’s underrated day: Three at-bats, three homers 42
- Tigers, doctors clear Justin Verlander to resume throwing 12
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 143
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (143)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (95)