Jan 12, 2013, 2:45 PM EST
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies have signed right-hander Rodrigo Lopez to a minor league contract with a spring training invite. This confirms a report by Fernando Ballesteros of Puro Beisbol.
Lopez, who turned 37 in December, had a 5.68 ERA over four relief appearances with the Cubs last season and posted a 5.28 ERA and 55/26 K/BB ratio over 73 1/3 innings with Triple-A Iowa. He owns a 4.82 ERA over 11 seasons in the majors.
Lopez’s role will likely be depth at Triple-A Lehigh Valley, but Salisbury hears that he would make $1 million plus incentives if he is added to the major league roster.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 20
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 143
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 39
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 23