Jan 13, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
The Twins declined a $6 million club option on Capps in late October after the 29-year-old was limited to just 29 1/3 innings in 2012 because of a shoulder injury. He received a $250,000 buyout from Minnesota instead and is now probably in line for an incentives-driven one-year deal on the open market.
Capps owns a decent 3.52 career ERA and 1.19 career WHIP. If signed by Miami, he would likely serve in a setup role behind closer Steve Cishek.
Who says the Marlins are punting the 2013 season?
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 20
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 76
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (77)