Jan 13, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
The Twins declined a $6 million club option on Capps in late October after the 29-year-old was limited to just 29 1/3 innings in 2012 because of a shoulder injury. He received a $250,000 buyout from Minnesota instead and is now probably in line for an incentives-driven one-year deal on the open market.
Capps owns a decent 3.52 career ERA and 1.19 career WHIP. If signed by Miami, he would likely serve in a setup role behind closer Steve Cishek.
Who says the Marlins are punting the 2013 season?
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8