Jan 13, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
The Twins declined a $6 million club option on Capps in late October after the 29-year-old was limited to just 29 1/3 innings in 2012 because of a shoulder injury. He received a $250,000 buyout from Minnesota instead and is now probably in line for an incentives-driven one-year deal on the open market.
Capps owns a decent 3.52 career ERA and 1.19 career WHIP. If signed by Miami, he would likely serve in a setup role behind closer Steve Cishek.
Who says the Marlins are punting the 2013 season?
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 36
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 41
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants