Jan 13, 2013, 2:07 PM EDT
The Twins declined a $6 million club option on Capps in late October after the 29-year-old was limited to just 29 1/3 innings in 2012 because of a shoulder injury. He received a $250,000 buyout from Minnesota instead and is now probably in line for an incentives-driven one-year deal on the open market.
Capps owns a decent 3.52 career ERA and 1.19 career WHIP. If signed by Miami, he would likely serve in a setup role behind closer Steve Cishek.
Who says the Marlins are punting the 2013 season?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)