Jan 13, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
The Twins declined a $6 million club option on Capps in late October after the 29-year-old was limited to just 29 1/3 innings in 2012 because of a shoulder injury. He received a $250,000 buyout from Minnesota instead and is now probably in line for an incentives-driven one-year deal on the open market.
Capps owns a decent 3.52 career ERA and 1.19 career WHIP. If signed by Miami, he would likely serve in a setup role behind closer Steve Cishek.
Who says the Marlins are punting the 2013 season?
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 5
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 54
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 44
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 137
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (138)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)