Jan 13, 2013, 2:07 PM EST
The Twins declined a $6 million club option on Capps in late October after the 29-year-old was limited to just 29 1/3 innings in 2012 because of a shoulder injury. He received a $250,000 buyout from Minnesota instead and is now probably in line for an incentives-driven one-year deal on the open market.
Capps owns a decent 3.52 career ERA and 1.19 career WHIP. If signed by Miami, he would likely serve in a setup role behind closer Steve Cishek.
Who says the Marlins are punting the 2013 season?
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 9
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 45
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86