Jan 14, 2013, 7:06 PM EST
Kottaras was arbitration-eligible for the second time this winter. The 29-year-old earned $700,000 last season while hitting .211/.351/.415 with nine home runs, 31 RBI and a .766 OPS over 85 games between the Brewers and Athletics. He threw out 19 percent (5-for-26) of attempted basestealers.
Derek Norris figures to get most of the playing time behind the plate in 2013, so Kottaras will function as his backup. However, his power and patience is pretty useful to have around.
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (131)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)