Jan 14, 2013, 3:30 PM EST
“If all goes well, it’s going to be hard for me to sit there and watch the team on Opening Day, if I’m feeling good … Being three months out of surgery, I feel like I’m ahead of schedule. I feel better each day, and I’m very encouraged by the signs that I have received recently. Now that I’ve had the surgery, I can tell a huge difference with my range of motion and flexibility. This is as free as my shoulder has been for a few years.”
His speedy and effective return would eliminate a pretty big headache for the Braves. They signed Gerald Laird, but they lost David Ross, so if McCann is absent or ineffective, the catching corps is quite depleted compared to last season.
It would help him too, of course. He’s entering the final year of his contract. If he returns to form and shows durability, he’s going to get a pretty massive deal for next year, one would assume.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:42 PM EST
Nava requested $2.25 million and the Red Sox countered at $1.3 million.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
I guess it’s better than snakes. Or wasps.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:15 PM EST
Santiago spent last season with the Reds, hitting .246 with a .667 OPS in 75 games.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:31 PM EST
Belisario was awful for the White Sox last season, allowing 46 runs in 66 innings.
Jan 29, 2015, 2:04 PM EST
This is funny. But also insightful.
Jan 29, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Does this man look like he’d be a friend of a guy like Pete Carroll? Welp, he is.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:45 PM EST
He’ll work with union chief Tony Clark.
Jan 29, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
We can, from now and forever, refer to Werth as the “The Nationals’ ex-con right fielder.”
Jan 29, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
Brad Pitt was too young to portray him, though. Maybe Kevin Kline could’ve?
Jan 29, 2015, 11:22 AM EST
Good luck, Devin.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:39 AM EST
Kris Bryant of the Cubs tops the list.
Jan 29, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Francisco Rodriguez? Rafael Soriano?
Jan 29, 2015, 10:01 AM EST
He’s gonna get big pushback from the LOOGY union, but is the idea a good one?
Jan 29, 2015, 9:09 AM EST
Baseball should never fear innovation. But not all new rules are, by definition, innovation.
Jan 29, 2015, 7:58 AM EST
A glimpse into the future, you guys.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:21 PM EST
Scutaro appeared in just five games last season for the World Series champions due to a back injury that has continued to bother him this offseason.
Jan 28, 2015, 8:59 PM EST
Mejia requested a salary of $3 million from the Mets and was offered $2.1 million when arbitration figures were exchanged on January 16.
Jan 28, 2015, 7:43 PM EST
Teams and players usually come to terms before hearings are needed — thus avoiding any drama — but Richards is a complicated case.
Jan 28, 2015, 6:28 PM EST
It’s the first front office type of job for Carter, who played for six different teams — most famously the Toronto Blue Jays — between 1983-1998.
Jan 28, 2015, 5:15 PM EST
Freese requested $7.6 million and the Angels countered at $5.25 million.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 37
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 34
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (78)