Jan 14, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Via Craig Robinson, an L.A. Times story looking back over 50 years to an alternate plan for Chavez Ravine. A giant zoo. The article has pictures and a map and stuff. Makes it look like the zoo would have been rather gonzo.
Just think: if that had happened, Ry Cooder would have had one less album in his catalog. Or one more way weirder one.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)