Jan 14, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Via Craig Robinson, an L.A. Times story looking back over 50 years to an alternate plan for Chavez Ravine. A giant zoo. The article has pictures and a map and stuff. Makes it look like the zoo would have been rather gonzo.
Just think: if that had happened, Ry Cooder would have had one less album in his catalog. Or one more way weirder one.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (97)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)