Jan 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EST
Hunter was terrible last season, throwing 134 innings with a 5.45 ERA and being demoted to the minors, but he still gets a raise from $500,000 to $1.82 million thanks to being arbitration eligible for the first time at age 25.
Hunter parlayed some good luck and even better run support into a 13-4 record and 3.68 ERA for the Rangers in 2010, but since then he’s posted a 5.15 ERA in 218 innings while serving up 44 homers.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 0
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 3
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 23
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 33
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 86
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)