Jan 14, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
Hunter was terrible last season, throwing 134 innings with a 5.45 ERA and being demoted to the minors, but he still gets a raise from $500,000 to $1.82 million thanks to being arbitration eligible for the first time at age 25.
Hunter parlayed some good luck and even better run support into a 13-4 record and 3.68 ERA for the Rangers in 2010, but since then he’s posted a 5.15 ERA in 218 innings while serving up 44 homers.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)