Jan 14, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
Izturis, who spent last season as a utility man for the Brewers and Nationals, is one of 15 non-roster invitees to spring training for the Reds. He remains a good defensive infielder at age 33, but was always a bad hitter and hasn’t topped a .600 OPS since 2009.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)