Jan 14, 2013, 10:34 AM EST
Want you to know that I spent the weekend writing up a 3,000-word NL East preview for a print publication and that the Phillies portion of it was straight-up and troll-free. It even struck a note of optimism! Maybe the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
So, to rectify things, I link you to Crashburn Alley’s argument that the Phillies make Ryan Howard a platoon player. My only regret: it doesn’t talk about how he’d be best served as being a platoon DH rather than a platoon first baseman, but we take what we can get when we need it.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)