Jan 14, 2013, 10:34 AM EDT
Want you to know that I spent the weekend writing up a 3,000-word NL East preview for a print publication and that the Phillies portion of it was straight-up and troll-free. It even struck a note of optimism! Maybe the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
So, to rectify things, I link you to Crashburn Alley’s argument that the Phillies make Ryan Howard a platoon player. My only regret: it doesn’t talk about how he’d be best served as being a platoon DH rather than a platoon first baseman, but we take what we can get when we need it.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 0
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)