Jan 14, 2013, 6:49 AM EST
“… many teams have given up trying to persuade him to pitch, feeling the vibe is that he just doesn’t want it bad enough.”
Sounds about right. In addition to not pitching very well last season — Oswalt posted a 5.80 ERA over 59 innings for the Rangers — he was not at all happy when Ron Washington moved him to the bullpen.
One can never know what truly lurks in the hearts of men, but there seems to lack a sense of self-awareness in Oswalt. Dude must think he’s still some ace-for-hire as opposed to, well, what he is.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (78)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)