Jan 14, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
A quite pragmatic announcement from the Miami Marlins:
Miami Marlins Winter Warm Up, which will replace the event that had been called Fanfest, will be held Feb. 9 at Marlins Park.
Of course, it wouldn’t have surprised me for the club to be so tone deaf to hold something called “Fanfest” after they spent the winter basically crapping on the fans.
Should be noted that The Winter Warm Up has what sounds like all the things teams’ “fanfests” usually have. And they’re even promoting it as something that “will be more fan friendly with more access and more focus on baseball” than the old Fanfest was.
Which makes me wonder if they just changed the name to avoid columnists and bloggers and stuff writing things about how cynical it is for the team to have something called Fanfest after they spent the winter basically crapping on fans.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 0
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 2
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 20
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car