Jan 14, 2013, 9:02 AM EDT
From Jon Paul Morosi:
Rangers, Padres, Pirates showing interest in free agent Shaun Marcum, sources say.
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) January 14, 2013
Many teams may want Marcum, but there can be only one. It’s like Highlander. But instead of giving out decapitations and benefiting from the quickening, the winner gets a serviceable starter with some question marks with his elbow.
So almost the same thing, basically.
- MRI shows biceps strain, no structural damage, for Nationals starter Jordan Zimmermann 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 7
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)