Jan 14, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
The Astros confirmed today what we learned a week ago, specifically that Roger Clemens will have an increased role with club’s major league and minor league pitchers in 2013, including spring training and the regular season. This is part of the personal services contract that the seven-time Cy Young Award winner agreed to under former Astros owner Drayton McLane.
On the heels of today’s announcement, Clemens sat down with Steve Bunin of CSNHouston.com for an exclusive interview which touched on a wide range of topics, including his thoughts on receiving just 36.7 percent of the vote in his first year of eligibility for the Hall of Fame. Check it out below.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (106)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)