Jan 14, 2013, 9:31 PM EDT
The Astros confirmed today what we learned a week ago, specifically that Roger Clemens will have an increased role with club’s major league and minor league pitchers in 2013, including spring training and the regular season. This is part of the personal services contract that the seven-time Cy Young Award winner agreed to under former Astros owner Drayton McLane.
On the heels of today’s announcement, Clemens sat down with Steve Bunin of CSNHouston.com for an exclusive interview which touched on a wide range of topics, including his thoughts on receiving just 36.7 percent of the vote in his first year of eligibility for the Hall of Fame. Check it out below.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)