Jan 15, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
Williams earned an $820,000 salary in 2012 as a first-year arbitration-eligible player while posting a 4.58 ERA, 1.26 WHIP and 98/35 K/BB ratio across 137 2/3 innings. The 31-year-old right-hander owns a 4.29 career ERA, a 1.34 career WHIP and a 5.7 career K/9 through his first seven MLB seasons.
Williams will be eligible for arbitration for the final time in 2014 before hitting the free agent market heading into the 2015 campaign.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)