Jan 15, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
Williams earned an $820,000 salary in 2012 as a first-year arbitration-eligible player while posting a 4.58 ERA, 1.26 WHIP and 98/35 K/BB ratio across 137 2/3 innings. The 31-year-old right-hander owns a 4.29 career ERA, a 1.34 career WHIP and a 5.7 career K/9 through his first seven MLB seasons.
Williams will be eligible for arbitration for the final time in 2014 before hitting the free agent market heading into the 2015 campaign.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 2
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 1
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 49
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)