Jan 15, 2013, 8:47 PM EDT
Williams earned an $820,000 salary in 2012 as a first-year arbitration-eligible player while posting a 4.58 ERA, 1.26 WHIP and 98/35 K/BB ratio across 137 2/3 innings. The 31-year-old right-hander owns a 4.29 career ERA, a 1.34 career WHIP and a 5.7 career K/9 through his first seven MLB seasons.
Williams will be eligible for arbitration for the final time in 2014 before hitting the free agent market heading into the 2015 campaign.
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 23
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 22
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 88
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)