Jan 15, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Jonah Keri takes a look at the Justin Upton trade that wasn’t with an eye on whether the Dbacks’ leverage in any Justin Upton trade has been damaged.
The more interesting part of the piece: a look at various other trades in which a big name was on the outs with a leverage-poor team and was subsequently unloaded. Some of those moves worked. Some of them didn’t.
I suppose only hindsight will tell us whether or not the Dbacks are wise to be so openly shopping Upton or if, rather, they’re gonna wind up with a modren day equivalent to Doug Flynn, Steve Henderson, Dan Norman, and Pat Zachry.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights