Jan 15, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
Hey, look, it’s positive news about Carl Crawford:
Appearing on 710 ESPNLA Tuesday, Dodgers president Stan Kasten said he had just gotten a positive medical report, including video, and that the four-time All-Star has lost 10 pounds since last season and has started to throw.
“At no time has he felt he wouldn’t be ready for Opening Day,” Kasten said. “That’s exactly how we feel.”
This comes from ESPN Los Angeles’ Mark Saxon.
Crawford underwent Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in late August, but he has experienced no setbacks up to this point and is on track to be fully healthy for the beginning of the 2013 regular season.
The 31-year-old has been a major disappointment since signing a seven-year, $142 million free agent contract with the Red Sox in December 2010. He batted just .255/.289/.405 in 2011 and .282/.306/.479 last season.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 248
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 48
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (252)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Yankees fans: would you give up the 2009 title just to be rid of A-Rod? (122)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)