Jan 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Even when the Marlins owner supposedly issued orders for his underlings to stay mum these winter months, Loria hangs in the air at events like Monday’s like passed gas that just won’t pass away.
— Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel, noting how the awful experience of the public funding Jeff Loria’s new ballpark for the Marlins is now creating headaches for the Miami Dolphins as they try to get the public to go in halfsies with them on renovations to their stadium.
Stinks for the Dolphins if what went down with the Marlins screws up their plans. But on the bright side, if Loria does nothing else in his life besides make it impossible for teams to get taxpayer-funded perks, he’s done at least one good deed, however unwittingly.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 17
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 25
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)