Jan 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Even when the Marlins owner supposedly issued orders for his underlings to stay mum these winter months, Loria hangs in the air at events like Monday’s like passed gas that just won’t pass away.
— Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel, noting how the awful experience of the public funding Jeff Loria’s new ballpark for the Marlins is now creating headaches for the Miami Dolphins as they try to get the public to go in halfsies with them on renovations to their stadium.
Stinks for the Dolphins if what went down with the Marlins screws up their plans. But on the bright side, if Loria does nothing else in his life besides make it impossible for teams to get taxpayer-funded perks, he’s done at least one good deed, however unwittingly.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 1
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 11
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)