Jan 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
Even when the Marlins owner supposedly issued orders for his underlings to stay mum these winter months, Loria hangs in the air at events like Monday’s like passed gas that just won’t pass away.
– Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel, noting how the awful experience of the public funding Jeff Loria’s new ballpark for the Marlins is now creating headaches for the Miami Dolphins as they try to get the public to go in halfsies with them on renovations to their stadium.
Stinks for the Dolphins if what went down with the Marlins screws up their plans. But on the bright side, if Loria does nothing else in his life besides make it impossible for teams to get taxpayer-funded perks, he’s done at least one good deed, however unwittingly.
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 70
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 114
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 21
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 89
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (115)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)