Jan 15, 2013, 2:00 PM EDT
Even when the Marlins owner supposedly issued orders for his underlings to stay mum these winter months, Loria hangs in the air at events like Monday’s like passed gas that just won’t pass away.
– Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel, noting how the awful experience of the public funding Jeff Loria’s new ballpark for the Marlins is now creating headaches for the Miami Dolphins as they try to get the public to go in halfsies with them on renovations to their stadium.
Stinks for the Dolphins if what went down with the Marlins screws up their plans. But on the bright side, if Loria does nothing else in his life besides make it impossible for teams to get taxpayer-funded perks, he’s done at least one good deed, however unwittingly.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 5
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)