Jan 15, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Kyle McClellan, who was released by the Cardinals in November, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Rangers.
McClellan gets an invitation to spring training as he tries to come back from July shoulder surgery. If healthy he could be a nice low-cost pickup for Texas considering his 3.69 ERA in 378 career innings.
He’s expected to be ready for spring training and will likely compete for a middle relief gig, although McClellan does have a little starting experience too.
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 24
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)