Jan 15, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Kyle McClellan, who was released by the Cardinals in November, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Rangers.
McClellan gets an invitation to spring training as he tries to come back from July shoulder surgery. If healthy he could be a nice low-cost pickup for Texas considering his 3.69 ERA in 378 career innings.
He’s expected to be ready for spring training and will likely compete for a middle relief gig, although McClellan does have a little starting experience too.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)