Jan 15, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
Kyle McClellan, who was released by the Cardinals in November, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Rangers.
McClellan gets an invitation to spring training as he tries to come back from July shoulder surgery. If healthy he could be a nice low-cost pickup for Texas considering his 3.69 ERA in 378 career innings.
He’s expected to be ready for spring training and will likely compete for a middle relief gig, although McClellan does have a little starting experience too.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)