Jan 15, 2013, 12:50 PM EST
Kyle McClellan, who was released by the Cardinals in November, has agreed to a minor-league contract with the Rangers.
McClellan gets an invitation to spring training as he tries to come back from July shoulder surgery. If healthy he could be a nice low-cost pickup for Texas considering his 3.69 ERA in 378 career innings.
He’s expected to be ready for spring training and will likely compete for a middle relief gig, although McClellan does have a little starting experience too.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)