Jan 15, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
The Dodgers have poured money into various parts of their roster over the past several months, but they’re set to open the 2013 season with Luis Cruz as their starting third baseman and do not have much depth behind him. So more moves are being considered.
Rolen turns 38 years old in early April and is said to be considering hanging up his cleats for good, but a decent contract offer from the Dodgers or some other club may lure him away from that thinking. The Reds have some interest in bringing him back.
Rolen has batted just .244/.301/.397 with 13 home runs and 75 RBI over the last two seasons.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)