Jan 15, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
The Dodgers have poured money into various parts of their roster over the past several months, but they’re set to open the 2013 season with Luis Cruz as their starting third baseman and do not have much depth behind him. So more moves are being considered.
Rolen turns 38 years old in early April and is said to be considering hanging up his cleats for good, but a decent contract offer from the Dodgers or some other club may lure him away from that thinking. The Reds have some interest in bringing him back.
Rolen has batted just .244/.301/.397 with 13 home runs and 75 RBI over the last two seasons.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)