Jan 15, 2013, 7:35 PM EST
The Dodgers have poured money into various parts of their roster over the past several months, but they’re set to open the 2013 season with Luis Cruz as their starting third baseman and do not have much depth behind him. So more moves are being considered.
Rolen turns 38 years old in early April and is said to be considering hanging up his cleats for good, but a decent contract offer from the Dodgers or some other club may lure him away from that thinking. The Reds have some interest in bringing him back.
Rolen has batted just .244/.301/.397 with 13 home runs and 75 RBI over the last two seasons.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)