Jan 15, 2013, 7:35 PM EDT
The Dodgers have poured money into various parts of their roster over the past several months, but they’re set to open the 2013 season with Luis Cruz as their starting third baseman and do not have much depth behind him. So more moves are being considered.
Rolen turns 38 years old in early April and is said to be considering hanging up his cleats for good, but a decent contract offer from the Dodgers or some other club may lure him away from that thinking. The Reds have some interest in bringing him back.
Rolen has batted just .244/.301/.397 with 13 home runs and 75 RBI over the last two seasons.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)