Jan 15, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
Not that they were exorbitant demands. Heyman says that Scott Hariston asked the Mets for two years and $8 million.
That’s a considerable raise for Hairston who has never made more than $2.45 million in a year, and only made $1.1 million a year the past two seasons with the Mets. He’s never had a multi-year deal.
Hairston hit .263/.299/.504 with 20 homers and 57 RBI in 377 at-bats with the Mets last year. If he were to return to the Mets, he’d likely be an everyday outfielder. Not sure that that isn’t worth $4 million.
But then again, I’m not sure that it’s wise to make Scott Hairston an everyday outfielder. Though if anyone should, it’s the Mets.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 21
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 77
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 43
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 40
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (77)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)