Jan 15, 2013, 5:08 PM EST
Not that they were exorbitant demands. Heyman says that Scott Hariston asked the Mets for two years and $8 million.
That’s a considerable raise for Hairston who has never made more than $2.45 million in a year, and only made $1.1 million a year the past two seasons with the Mets. He’s never had a multi-year deal.
Hairston hit .263/.299/.504 with 20 homers and 57 RBI in 377 at-bats with the Mets last year. If he were to return to the Mets, he’d likely be an everyday outfielder. Not sure that that isn’t worth $4 million.
But then again, I’m not sure that it’s wise to make Scott Hairston an everyday outfielder. Though if anyone should, it’s the Mets.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)