Jan 15, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
Not that they were exorbitant demands. Heyman says that Scott Hariston asked the Mets for two years and $8 million.
That’s a considerable raise for Hairston who has never made more than $2.45 million in a year, and only made $1.1 million a year the past two seasons with the Mets. He’s never had a multi-year deal.
Hairston hit .263/.299/.504 with 20 homers and 57 RBI in 377 at-bats with the Mets last year. If he were to return to the Mets, he’d likely be an everyday outfielder. Not sure that that isn’t worth $4 million.
But then again, I’m not sure that it’s wise to make Scott Hairston an everyday outfielder. Though if anyone should, it’s the Mets.
- The Lester trade is a win-win 67
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 132
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (130)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (118)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)