Jan 15, 2013, 5:08 PM EDT
Not that they were exorbitant demands. Heyman says that Scott Hariston asked the Mets for two years and $8 million.
That’s a considerable raise for Hairston who has never made more than $2.45 million in a year, and only made $1.1 million a year the past two seasons with the Mets. He’s never had a multi-year deal.
Hairston hit .263/.299/.504 with 20 homers and 57 RBI in 377 at-bats with the Mets last year. If he were to return to the Mets, he’d likely be an everyday outfielder. Not sure that that isn’t worth $4 million.
But then again, I’m not sure that it’s wise to make Scott Hairston an everyday outfielder. Though if anyone should, it’s the Mets.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights