Jan 16, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez had his long-awaited hip surgery today. And the doctors said afterward that the surgery was a horrible disaster. had to remove the hip and replace it with a piece of ivory and fit Rodriguez with special brace that will cause him excruciating pain for the rest of his days.
Haha, just kidding. It was a success. Athlete surgeries are always a success:
Yankees announce that A-Rod’s hip surgery “went as planned and without complication,” and full recovery is anticipated to be 6 months.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) January 16, 2013
That’s around the All-Star break to you and me.
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 53
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 29
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 29
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 48
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (187)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)