Jan 16, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez had his long-awaited hip surgery today. And the doctors said afterward that the surgery was a horrible disaster. had to remove the hip and replace it with a piece of ivory and fit Rodriguez with special brace that will cause him excruciating pain for the rest of his days.
Haha, just kidding. It was a success. Athlete surgeries are always a success:
Yankees announce that A-Rod’s hip surgery “went as planned and without complication,” and full recovery is anticipated to be 6 months.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) January 16, 2013
That’s around the All-Star break to you and me.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 0
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)