Jan 16, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez had his long-awaited hip surgery today. And the doctors said afterward that the surgery was a horrible disaster. had to remove the hip and replace it with a piece of ivory and fit Rodriguez with special brace that will cause him excruciating pain for the rest of his days.
Haha, just kidding. It was a success. Athlete surgeries are always a success:
Yankees announce that A-Rod’s hip surgery “went as planned and without complication,” and full recovery is anticipated to be 6 months.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) January 16, 2013
That’s around the All-Star break to you and me.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 2
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 18
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 15
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 144
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)