Jan 16, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez had his long-awaited hip surgery today. And the doctors said afterward that the surgery was a horrible disaster. had to remove the hip and replace it with a piece of ivory and fit Rodriguez with special brace that will cause him excruciating pain for the rest of his days.
Haha, just kidding. It was a success. Athlete surgeries are always a success:
Yankees announce that A-Rod’s hip surgery “went as planned and without complication,” and full recovery is anticipated to be 6 months.
— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) January 16, 2013
That’s around the All-Star break to you and me.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29