Jan 16, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
The move clears a spot on Oakland’s MLB roster for John Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners this evening as part of a three-team, five-player trade.
Kottaras, 29, posted a .211/.351/.415 batting line with nine home runs and 31 RBI across 209 plate appearances last season between the Brewers and A’s. He should draw plenty of interest on waivers.
Kottaras signed a one-year, $1 million contract with Oakland earlier this month, avoiding arbitration. That deal will obviously roll over to whatever team he winds up with.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 8
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)