Jan 16, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
The move clears a spot on Oakland’s MLB roster for John Jaso, who was acquired from the Mariners this evening as part of a three-team, five-player trade.
Kottaras, 29, posted a .211/.351/.415 batting line with nine home runs and 31 RBI across 209 plate appearances last season between the Brewers and A’s. He should draw plenty of interest on waivers.
Kottaras signed a one-year, $1 million contract with Oakland earlier this month, avoiding arbitration. That deal will obviously roll over to whatever team he winds up with.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)