Jan 16, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Ben Broussard is 36 years old and hasn’t played in the majors since 2008, but he’s trying to get back to the big leagues.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Broussard worked out for a handful of teams today after playing winter ball in Mexico, where he hit .297 with four homers and a .925 OPS in 18 games.
Obviously the odds of Broussard having a successful comeback are very slim considering he wasn’t exactly an impact player even during his prime. In fact, Broussard hasn’t been an above-average hitter since way back in 2006.
Since retiring he’s apparently been busy with a music career.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 33
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)