Jan 16, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Ben Broussard is 36 years old and hasn’t played in the majors since 2008, but he’s trying to get back to the big leagues.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Broussard worked out for a handful of teams today after playing winter ball in Mexico, where he hit .297 with four homers and a .925 OPS in 18 games.
Obviously the odds of Broussard having a successful comeback are very slim considering he wasn’t exactly an impact player even during his prime. In fact, Broussard hasn’t been an above-average hitter since way back in 2006.
Since retiring he’s apparently been busy with a music career.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)