Jan 16, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Ben Broussard is 36 years old and hasn’t played in the majors since 2008, but he’s trying to get back to the big leagues.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Broussard worked out for a handful of teams today after playing winter ball in Mexico, where he hit .297 with four homers and a .925 OPS in 18 games.
Obviously the odds of Broussard having a successful comeback are very slim considering he wasn’t exactly an impact player even during his prime. In fact, Broussard hasn’t been an above-average hitter since way back in 2006.
Since retiring he’s apparently been busy with a music career.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (335)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)