Jan 16, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Ben Broussard is 36 years old and hasn’t played in the majors since 2008, but he’s trying to get back to the big leagues.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Broussard worked out for a handful of teams today after playing winter ball in Mexico, where he hit .297 with four homers and a .925 OPS in 18 games.
Obviously the odds of Broussard having a successful comeback are very slim considering he wasn’t exactly an impact player even during his prime. In fact, Broussard hasn’t been an above-average hitter since way back in 2006.
Since retiring he’s apparently been busy with a music career.
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 2
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 11
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 71
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 24
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)