Jan 16, 2013, 4:16 PM EST
Ben Broussard is 36 years old and hasn’t played in the majors since 2008, but he’s trying to get back to the big leagues.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Broussard worked out for a handful of teams today after playing winter ball in Mexico, where he hit .297 with four homers and a .925 OPS in 18 games.
Obviously the odds of Broussard having a successful comeback are very slim considering he wasn’t exactly an impact player even during his prime. In fact, Broussard hasn’t been an above-average hitter since way back in 2006.
Since retiring he’s apparently been busy with a music career.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (270)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)