Jan 16, 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
It’s 5pm and the rest of the world is going nutso over that mind-blowingly insane Manti Te’o story, so it’s a good time to dump a drug suspension!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Toronto Blue Jays Minor League right-handed pitcher Alan Farina has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
The suspension of Farina, who is currently on the roster of Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays of the Florida State League, will be effective at the start of this season.
Look next week for a story from Deadspin revealing that Farina doesn’t actually exist.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)