Jan 16, 2013, 5:06 PM EST
It’s 5pm and the rest of the world is going nutso over that mind-blowingly insane Manti Te’o story, so it’s a good time to dump a drug suspension!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Toronto Blue Jays Minor League right-handed pitcher Alan Farina has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
The suspension of Farina, who is currently on the roster of Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays of the Florida State League, will be effective at the start of this season.
Look next week for a story from Deadspin revealing that Farina doesn’t actually exist.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)