Jan 16, 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
It’s 5pm and the rest of the world is going nutso over that mind-blowingly insane Manti Te’o story, so it’s a good time to dump a drug suspension!
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Toronto Blue Jays Minor League right-handed pitcher Alan Farina has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
The suspension of Farina, who is currently on the roster of Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays of the Florida State League, will be effective at the start of this season.
Look next week for a story from Deadspin revealing that Farina doesn’t actually exist.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 52
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)