Jan 16, 2013, 6:18 AM EST
This is five days old. I know, I feel like I fell down on the job too. Still, as long as it didn’t go completely overlooked, I suppose we’re OK.
“He’s been great,” Cora said. “Right now, he’s the Javy Vazquez who pitched well in the second half of the 2011 season. … Physically, he’s in the best shape of his life. It’s funny, he was here in the summer and he was playing tennis and I helped him play. He started doing CrossFit … His command is still there but his stuff is better now.”
Would that we all felt this way at 36 years-old.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)