Jan 16, 2013, 6:18 AM EDT
This is five days old. I know, I feel like I fell down on the job too. Still, as long as it didn’t go completely overlooked, I suppose we’re OK.
“He’s been great,” Cora said. “Right now, he’s the Javy Vazquez who pitched well in the second half of the 2011 season. … Physically, he’s in the best shape of his life. It’s funny, he was here in the summer and he was playing tennis and I helped him play. He started doing CrossFit … His command is still there but his stuff is better now.”
Would that we all felt this way at 36 years-old.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 53
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 38
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 43
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims