Jan 16, 2013, 6:18 AM EDT
This is five days old. I know, I feel like I fell down on the job too. Still, as long as it didn’t go completely overlooked, I suppose we’re OK.
“He’s been great,” Cora said. “Right now, he’s the Javy Vazquez who pitched well in the second half of the 2011 season. … Physically, he’s in the best shape of his life. It’s funny, he was here in the summer and he was playing tennis and I helped him play. He started doing CrossFit … His command is still there but his stuff is better now.”
Would that we all felt this way at 36 years-old.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 56
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)