Jan 16, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
Jo-Jo Reyes signed a minor-league contract with the Angels in November, but Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that they’ve agreed to release the left-hander so he can sign with a Korean League team.
Reyes was a long shot to win a spot on the Angels’ staff after not pitching in the majors at all last season. He was once a solid prospect coming up through the Braves’ farm system, but Reyes is now 28 years old with a 6.05 ERA in 335 career innings.
He spent last year in the Pirates’ organization, throwing 54 innings with a 2.67 ERA and 43/13 K/BB ratio at Triple-A.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)