Jan 16, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
Jo-Jo Reyes signed a minor-league contract with the Angels in November, but Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that they’ve agreed to release the left-hander so he can sign with a Korean League team.
Reyes was a long shot to win a spot on the Angels’ staff after not pitching in the majors at all last season. He was once a solid prospect coming up through the Braves’ farm system, but Reyes is now 28 years old with a 6.05 ERA in 335 career innings.
He spent last year in the Pirates’ organization, throwing 54 innings with a 2.67 ERA and 43/13 K/BB ratio at Triple-A.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)