Jan 16, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Nathan is 38 years old and just two seasons removed from Tommy John elbow surgery, so at this point in his career the last thing he needs is additional innings tacked onto his normal workload.
Nathan was fantastic for the Rangers in the first season of a two-year, $14.5 million deal, saving 37 games with a 2.80 ERA and 78/13 K/BB ratio in 64 innings.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27