Jan 16, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Nathan is 38 years old and just two seasons removed from Tommy John elbow surgery, so at this point in his career the last thing he needs is additional innings tacked onto his normal workload.
Nathan was fantastic for the Rangers in the first season of a two-year, $14.5 million deal, saving 37 games with a 2.80 ERA and 78/13 K/BB ratio in 64 innings.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel