Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Sources: Interest in Farnsworth intensifying in wake of Soriano deal. Multiple offers, has narrowed choices from six teams to three.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 16, 2013
Rosenthal doesn’t say which three teams those are, but he notes that among the teams in search of back of the bullpen help are the Rays, Tigers, Blue Jays, Mariners, Marlins and Mets.
Farnsworth spent the past two seasons with the Rays and he did two tours of duty with the Tigers. You’d figure if the Rays wanted to keep him they would have done something about it by now. Otherwise, teams are left to decide whether a soon-to-be 37 year-old guy whose walk rate spiked alarmingly last season and who has alternated good and bad years over the past four seasons is worth a gamble.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)