Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Sources: Interest in Farnsworth intensifying in wake of Soriano deal. Multiple offers, has narrowed choices from six teams to three.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 16, 2013
Rosenthal doesn’t say which three teams those are, but he notes that among the teams in search of back of the bullpen help are the Rays, Tigers, Blue Jays, Mariners, Marlins and Mets.
Farnsworth spent the past two seasons with the Rays and he did two tours of duty with the Tigers. You’d figure if the Rays wanted to keep him they would have done something about it by now. Otherwise, teams are left to decide whether a soon-to-be 37 year-old guy whose walk rate spiked alarmingly last season and who has alternated good and bad years over the past four seasons is worth a gamble.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 0
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)