Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Sources: Interest in Farnsworth intensifying in wake of Soriano deal. Multiple offers, has narrowed choices from six teams to three.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 16, 2013
Rosenthal doesn’t say which three teams those are, but he notes that among the teams in search of back of the bullpen help are the Rays, Tigers, Blue Jays, Mariners, Marlins and Mets.
Farnsworth spent the past two seasons with the Rays and he did two tours of duty with the Tigers. You’d figure if the Rays wanted to keep him they would have done something about it by now. Otherwise, teams are left to decide whether a soon-to-be 37 year-old guy whose walk rate spiked alarmingly last season and who has alternated good and bad years over the past four seasons is worth a gamble.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 0
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)