Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Sources: Interest in Farnsworth intensifying in wake of Soriano deal. Multiple offers, has narrowed choices from six teams to three.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 16, 2013
Rosenthal doesn’t say which three teams those are, but he notes that among the teams in search of back of the bullpen help are the Rays, Tigers, Blue Jays, Mariners, Marlins and Mets.
Farnsworth spent the past two seasons with the Rays and he did two tours of duty with the Tigers. You’d figure if the Rays wanted to keep him they would have done something about it by now. Otherwise, teams are left to decide whether a soon-to-be 37 year-old guy whose walk rate spiked alarmingly last season and who has alternated good and bad years over the past four seasons is worth a gamble.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)