Jan 16, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Kelly is a 33-year-old career .232 hitter with a .628 OPS who only plays the corner spots defensively, but Leyland has always talked him up like crazy while also playing him more than he probably should.
And so today, after the news of Kelly re-signing, I imagine Leyland taking a nice long drag off his cigarette(s) and listening to this:
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)