Matt Kemp’s new tattoo is interesting

Jan 16, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT

Matt Kemp Getty Images

Pro: Matt Kemp is a obviously a loyal, loving grandson and a family-first guy.

Con: Matt Kemp’s girlfriends may ask him to keep his shirt on at all times because, nothing personal, but giant a tattoo of Kemp’s grandparents may be a mood-killer. That’s all they’re saying. Nothing personal, really.

1. mrfloydpink - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM

While it is a nice gesture, I suppose, I know that I–for one–would not want to be “honored” in this way.

• fanofevilempire - Jan 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM

how will the tat look when Kemp is 87……………..

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• historiophiliac - Jan 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM

His number is 27.

• dcfan4life - Jan 16, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Can you imagine if what Kemps girlfriend, or whatever, would feel upon an intimate moment that has this woman staring at his grandparents…

2. kash71 - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:12 AM

The location of the tattoo is fine. My problem with it is that it almost looks like a cover up job.

3. number42is1 - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM

This is gonna end up on theyfailed.com

4. bancacentral - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Hopefully Kemp’s girlfriend is not into the missionary position, if not sex is going to be kind of awkward.

• number42is1 - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Kind of?

5. hushbrother - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

That is really nice artwork. Looks like those words were all spelled right, too. Nothing worse than a misspelled tattoo.

6. beavertonsteve - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Kemp’s Grandma has a nipple on her arm.

• Max Power - Jan 16, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Open link in new tab.
      Look at pictures.
      Close tab.
      See this comment.
      Right click .. Reopen closed tab.
      Yup, he’s right.

7. number42is1 - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I assume all foreplay beings below the belt… which is fine

8. historiophiliac - Jan 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Amusingly, probably most of these comments about what a turnoff the tattoo is are made by straight men.

• number42is1 - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:12 PM

why? i would imagine a gay man/ straight women would be equally as “bugged out” about having to look at his grandparents everytime you are in bed or whereever

• paperlions - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:24 PM

What she means is that straight guys have very little idea what really turns women on or off, as evidenced by out long history of failure in this regard.

• kiwicricket - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hey! Trust me, I know what turns a woman off.

• historiophiliac - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM

ha ha kiwi! winning!

• historiophiliac - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I’m just amused that so many who are not the target audience want to weigh in on how it will affect said target audience. I wasn’t saying they are right or wrong. Just noting the participation…especially since no one is offering anecdotal evidence of the time they turned that woman down b/c of her disturbing tattoo.

• paperlions - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Turning a woman down because of a tattoo…..ha! That’s cute.

• cur68 - Jan 16, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I sincerely doubt that any normal man ever turned a chick down that was otherwise attractive even if she has his mom tattooed prominently on her person. I certainly wouldn’t . . . mind you I’d probably want to cover up the mom-tat, but even if I couldn’t I doubt a tat’d stop me from the lawful execution of my duty.

9. dondada10 - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

If you had Matt Kemp’s money, you could essentially have a tattoo of two guys fucking on your chest and still not turn-off a woman.

• Kevin S. - Jan 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I don’t think that’d be a turn-off even if you had no money.

10. chromedog - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Give it a week and Grandma is going to have beard,…

11. pjmitch - Jan 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM

I wish I knew the thought process on things like this.

12. anxovies - Jan 16, 2013 at 1:17 PM

We really are in the off-season, aren’t we?

13. randygnyc - Jan 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Although Jewish people are prohibited from getting tattoos, I have a few. After an immediate family member dies, during the 7 days after the funeral, they usually cut their clothing with a razor, or wear a ribbon the is cut instead. On my left arm, I have a cut, black ribbon with both of my grandparents initials below it. It represents that I am in perpetual mourning. Anyway, I’ve had that tattoo for 11 years. I’ve been married for 20. My wife has never seemed to mind. Hasn’t effected our kinky time, either.

Matt kemp’s ladies will deal with it. He’s also in the position that he will already have the ink. Presumably, accepting him as is, as opposed to her already being in a relationship and objecting.

14. tfbuckfutter - Jan 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I know a girl who was going to get her dead dad’s portrait on her back….she may still be planning too I don’t know…..but I do know if I were her husband I wouldn’t be too eager for certain sexual positions….

The only thing worse than a chick’s dad staring back at you would be her having your mom on there.

15. unlost1 - Jan 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Tatoo artist: Why don’t we wait a couple hours so you can sober up before I do anything? Or were you looking for the performance enhancer shop next door anyway?

• gloccamorra - Jan 18, 2013 at 12:12 PM

If a tatoo artist ever said that to a sailor, he’d have no business.

• unlost1 - Jan 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM

ya got me there. still, anyone else here with tatoos think “gramps” first thought?

16. moogro - Jan 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Nice idea, if you are into that stuff. However, execution is lame: why mimic carved tombstones? Yuk.

17. gloccamorra - Jan 18, 2013 at 12:08 PM

It should be no problem for his girlfriend: she’s supposed to keep her eyes closed and think of England.

1. H. Pence (2147)