Jan 16, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Last year I participated in my friend Michael Clair’s Charity Blogathon over at Old Time Family Baseball. I will be doing so again this year, and I hope you check it out and help Michael as he raises money for Doctors Without Borders.
The specifics: this Saturday, January 19th, Michael will be posting every half hour for 24 hours to support Doctors Without Borders. As he did last year, all of the posts will be freshly written (i.e. he won’t be pre-writing stuff and setting it to post later). The fundraising page is here, and I’d humbly ask that you consider donating to what is an outrageously worthy cause. Every donation — even if it’s just a buck – enters you into a raffle for a number of baseball prizes including books, movies, baseball cards, video games and such. Some of the prizes can be seen here.
The next day — Sunday, January 20 — Michael will understandably rest. In his stead, he has asked multiple guest bloggers to write posts for him. I am one of the guest bloggers, and at some point a post I wrote will go live over there. I’ll give you the heads up to it once it goes live. I think it’s pretty good.
So, if you’re willing and able, please consider helping Michael and Old Time Family Baseball help Doctors Without Borders. And even if you can’t do that, go read his posts during the blogathon. I bet they get good and loopy by hour 17 or 18.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)