Jan 16, 2013, 5:32 PM EST
The Padres just announced that they’ve sold minor league first baseman Matt Clark to the Chunichi Dragons in Japan.
Clark is 26 years old and has spent the past two seasons at Triple-A, hitting .291 with 45 homers, 50 doubles, and an .867 OPS in 250 games.
He’s posted an OPS above .800 in each of his five seasons in the minors, but the former 12th-round pick never entered the Padres’ plans and will certainly make more money in Japan that he would have back at Triple-A for another year.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)