Jan 16, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
The Padres just announced that they’ve sold minor league first baseman Matt Clark to the Chunichi Dragons in Japan.
Clark is 26 years old and has spent the past two seasons at Triple-A, hitting .291 with 45 homers, 50 doubles, and an .867 OPS in 250 games.
He’s posted an OPS above .800 in each of his five seasons in the minors, but the former 12th-round pick never entered the Padres’ plans and will certainly make more money in Japan that he would have back at Triple-A for another year.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 65
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (101)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)