Jan 16, 2013, 5:32 PM EDT
The Padres just announced that they’ve sold minor league first baseman Matt Clark to the Chunichi Dragons in Japan.
Clark is 26 years old and has spent the past two seasons at Triple-A, hitting .291 with 45 homers, 50 doubles, and an .867 OPS in 250 games.
He’s posted an OPS above .800 in each of his five seasons in the minors, but the former 12th-round pick never entered the Padres’ plans and will certainly make more money in Japan that he would have back at Triple-A for another year.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)