Jan 16, 2013, 9:29 PM EST
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have signed right-hander Wilton Lopez to a one-year, $1.7625 million contract and left-hander Josh Outman to a one-year, $675,000 contract, avoiding salary arbitration with each pitcher.
Both were arbitration-eligible for the first time.
Lopez posted a 2.17 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 54/8 K/BB ratio in 66 1/3 innings last season for the Astros. He was traded to Colorado in early December as part of a four-player swap.
Outman had an 8.19 ERA, 1.65 WHIP and 40/20 K/BB ratio in 40 2/3 innings last summer for the Rox.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 16
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 16
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 25
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)