Jan 16, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have signed right-hander Wilton Lopez to a one-year, $1.7625 million contract and left-hander Josh Outman to a one-year, $675,000 contract, avoiding salary arbitration with each pitcher.
Both were arbitration-eligible for the first time.
Lopez posted a 2.17 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 54/8 K/BB ratio in 66 1/3 innings last season for the Astros. He was traded to Colorado in early December as part of a four-player swap.
Outman had an 8.19 ERA, 1.65 WHIP and 40/20 K/BB ratio in 40 2/3 innings last summer for the Rox.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)