Jan 16, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have signed right-hander Wilton Lopez to a one-year, $1.7625 million contract and left-hander Josh Outman to a one-year, $675,000 contract, avoiding salary arbitration with each pitcher.
Both were arbitration-eligible for the first time.
Lopez posted a 2.17 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 54/8 K/BB ratio in 66 1/3 innings last season for the Astros. He was traded to Colorado in early December as part of a four-player swap.
Outman had an 8.19 ERA, 1.65 WHIP and 40/20 K/BB ratio in 40 2/3 innings last summer for the Rox.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (74)