Jan 16, 2013, 9:29 PM EDT
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have signed right-hander Wilton Lopez to a one-year, $1.7625 million contract and left-hander Josh Outman to a one-year, $675,000 contract, avoiding salary arbitration with each pitcher.
Both were arbitration-eligible for the first time.
Lopez posted a 2.17 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 54/8 K/BB ratio in 66 1/3 innings last season for the Astros. He was traded to Colorado in early December as part of a four-player swap.
Outman had an 8.19 ERA, 1.65 WHIP and 40/20 K/BB ratio in 40 2/3 innings last summer for the Rox.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 3
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)