Jan 16, 2013, 9:29 PM EST
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have signed right-hander Wilton Lopez to a one-year, $1.7625 million contract and left-hander Josh Outman to a one-year, $675,000 contract, avoiding salary arbitration with each pitcher.
Both were arbitration-eligible for the first time.
Lopez posted a 2.17 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 54/8 K/BB ratio in 66 1/3 innings last season for the Astros. He was traded to Colorado in early December as part of a four-player swap.
Outman had an 8.19 ERA, 1.65 WHIP and 40/20 K/BB ratio in 40 2/3 innings last summer for the Rox.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 255
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (279)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)