Jan 16, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
On another front, an industry source confirmed the Mets have rejected Scott Hairston’s asking price of two years and $8 million. It is believed the Mets countered with a one-year offer worth $2 million, leaving the two sides at a stalemate in negotiations.
It’s hard to see that gap being bridged. And it’s hard to see anyone besides the Mets who would want to use Hairston as an everyday outfielder given his fragility and his platoon issues.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)